Thursday, May 30, 2013

DIY Crayola Crayon Lipsticks first run

So I have seen people do this on youtube and I have been wanting to try it out. I decided to go out and purchase some items to make this work. It's the first time I had tried it so I stayed in the non scary realm of things and just used 3 simple colors Pink Carnation, Red Violet and Red Orange. The next time when I get more containers I will be putting in some essential oils and mixing the colors to get more fun colors I haven't tried.

I bought a box of Crayola Crayons, a bottle of Coconut Oil, a bottle of Pure Olive Oil and 2 bowls to mix everything in.

It is really simple, just pick a color. I first choose Pink Carnation. Unwrap it. (I forgot to take a picture of the pink unwrapped). Next take a half tablespoon of Olive Oil and a half tablespoon of Coconut Oil. Take the crayon break it up and put the bowl in the microwave. I did it for about 2 minutes and 30 seconds, but I was constantly checking up on it. Didn't want to over cook it. Then I took it out of the microwave and stirred it up a bit. Then I took a spoon and spooned in a little at a time quickly. (I got better as I went) into the container I had available. Then I repeated each step for each color. I took lots of pictures and I plan to do a youtube diy for you all soon, but for now here's my learning attempts.

It goes on a little waxy, but I'm ok with that since this was my first attempt. I already ordered other stuff to try out. It smells like crayons in the container but doesn't really taste like crayons (maybe a little waxy tasting but not really), and I can't smell any smell when it is on my lips. I did get some essential oils to help with the smell for next time. I can't wait to make and mix tons of colors. I just made the world of lipstick an infinite place for me.

Have any of you all done something like this yet? Did you enjoy it?

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Ive never hears of anyone doing that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've seen this and it looks so easy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww, this seems really cool and easy! I've gotta find out more ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I would have never thought of this. If you could knock down the waxy feel it would be perfect and how easy is this? Good Going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use shea butter now.. ive made like 50+.. and i use an essential oil to take away the smell.. its not too bad.. I have a rainbow of colors.

      Delete
  5. Very cool, I am going to try this some day!

    ReplyDelete

alt="OASAP - The Latest Street Fashion">