Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Flashdance The Musical touring now

I was given tickets to see Flashdance last night by the theatre, I was overly excited. I love 80's outfits and 80's music and 80's movies. I was born in the 80's so I missed all of the fun. This is the 30th anniversary of the movie Flashdance.

Now Flashdance is a show about a steel town girl with a passion for dance. It is based off the movie. There is a lot of dance in this show. I really enjoyed that, being a dancer myself. I will be in dance classes again this coming month. I am beyond excited.

The show is now on its first national tour. It will be on it's way to Broadway at some point. I hope it does hit the big stage because it is full of life, passion and the desire for a life that is better then what we all have.

You will recognize a lot of the songs from Joan Jett's I love Rock and Roll, to Irene Carr's What a Feeling. Gloria, Manhunt, and Maniac are all sung as well. Then you have 16 new songs written by Robbie Roth. I liked the song Remember Me sang by Gloria.

The show has a reminiscent feel of Footloose the musical. The music sounded like Footloose to me and I really adore Footloose so that made me smile.

The actress that played Alex was really good and reminded me of Amy Spanger. The actor who played Nick was great as well. I really liked Gloria she was wonderful.

I saw the show in Costa Mesa, California, but you can catch the show as it travels the USA.

Here is the website Flashdance

No comments:

Post a Comment

alt="OASAP - The Latest Street Fashion">