Saturday, March 1, 2014

Michael Morones Foundation Charity Event at Metropolis Comics in Bellflower, CA

So I was asked by the group I work with if I would be interested in cosplaying for a charity event being held at the Metropolis comic book store to raise money to fight bullying for the Michael Morones Foundation. If you don't know who he is, he was a young boy who really loved My Little Pony Friendship is Magic and considered himself a brony and was bullied to the point that he tried to commit suicide. You can read more about it at this link: http://www.michaelmorones.org/

Being a geek most of my life, before geek became chic and being a huge My Little Pony fan and the fact that I am strongly for helping putting an end to bullying I jumped on board. So I cancelled my plans and jumped into my Kevin Cosplay and we went down to the comic book store. What I didn't know was that on top of the 15 or so cosplayers I knew were going was the large amount of comic book artists who gave there time to be there at this event and were doing sketches for donations to the foundation.

I am constantly impressed with the geek community and the way that it comes together to do things for those in need or to support good causes. 




Michaels grandmother even showed up at the event and we all got the chance to talk to her and show her our support. I would love to do more with the brony community to help end bullying. I am very big into charity and I am even the co founder of a Cosplay charity so you will constantly find me doing charity work.

They had raffles and a ton of great stuff including a signed original page from a my little pony comic. I ended up winning 2 graphic novels and a book about Jack Kirby, the Captain America artist. Overall I had a fabulous time, a lot of money was raised by all the attendees and people got some great artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

alt="OASAP - The Latest Street Fashion">