Sunday, October 13, 2013

"The QuarterBack" Glee's Goodbye Finn and My personal experiences.

So most people who follow entertainment know that Cory Montieth who played Finn on Glee died last month of a heroin overdose. I know this doesn't have much to do with makeup, but it has to do with something I love and I write about non makeup things all the time. I kept telling myself I would watch it when I get caught up on Glee(I'm behind because Mr. Kitty hasn't wanted to watch and we were watching it together, so I am behind, along with quite a few other shows Im really annoyed at being behind on). But I knew if I did that I might never get caught up on Glee because I would push it off forever. Since the episode doesn't follow story because it is a tribute episode I decided last night to bite the bullet and watch it. The opening number was Seasons of Love and from that moment I balled my eyes out.

Now for me this was a truly personal episode because I know Rachel's heartache. My high school sweetheart committed suicide in 2009. He did it on the two anniversary of our breakup. It was devastating for me. I had loved him since I was 15. I am 27 now. I didn't know how to respond, I fell apart and spiraled out of control. I still have days where I feel lost. I mean honestly how do you get over losing someone, especially someone you love. He and I had broken up, bur we talked almost everyday. I spent most of my time telling him if he was willing to go to therapy with me I would be willing to start over and him telling me no.

I am lucky to have someone in my life who understands my brokeness and is there for me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

alt="OASAP - The Latest Street Fashion">