Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Old Navy Bluesology event

I am lucky enough to live in southern california were a lot of events in the fashion and beauty world happen, not as many as say New York or Europe but we surely get our fair share of them. I was lucky enough to be invited to a invitation only night pre party for the opening of Old Navy's 4 day pop up shop Bluesology in Hollywood. I primarily went because I wanted something to do and I like the jeans and my mother really wanted to go.

So my mother, boyfriend (who I can't begin to tell you how good of a sport he is with going to girly events with me, and taking pictures and not having to bad of a time) and I piled into his car and made the 2 hour drive to Hollywood in traffic worrying on my part that we would miss the event because we were running behind. I knew that Luke Perry was going to be there and I didn't want to miss the photo opp. I wasn't too big of a fan of the show when it aired, but let me tell you I am now a fan of Luke Perry, but more on that later.

We got there and the crowd was mostly beautiful tall women, I swear it looked like a model party. I felt slightly out of place being 5'3, lol. We went over and got our cards for our complimentary pair of jeans and walked around. I even got my boyfriend to take a silly picture with me at the photo booth. We both got a pair of jeans, sadly I had to stop by an Old Navy the next day to exchange them because apparently I have no idea my size, but that was super painless and easy. My boyfriend was happy with his but would have wanted them darker. My mother was super happy with her jeans, since she only owns one other pair.

So I'm standing around eating very yummy appetizers and my mother says "Look it's Luke Perry." So I grab my camera and rush over. Jennie Garth and Luke Perry both sweetly agree to take a photo with me. Luke asks to see the picture, tells me it isn't good enough and wraps his arms around me for a better picture. I was ecstatic. I have met quite a few celebrities and this was one of the friendliest warmest encounters I have had.

After getting our pictures we stuck around a bit longer and took some more pictures. If it hadn't been located so far from my home I would have gone back the next 3 days it was open. I like the pair of jeans I ended up with and the cute little boot shaped glass cups they gave us as a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

alt="OASAP - The Latest Street Fashion">